Art Space Gallery (Exo Gonia) – Tomato Industrial Museum (Vlychada) – “La Ponta” Music Exhibition Hall (Akrotiri)
If you are a fan of foreign cultures, this is a perfect way to visit three of the major venues of the island.
A cave winery with an art exhibition hall, an old tomato factory and a Venetian castle that exhibits wind instruments are part of the tradition of Santorini and have always been present in its culture and history.
Santorini “Arts Space” is a centre presenting exhibits in the hall which is within the pumice rock, while the old pre-industrial winery with distilling equipment is preserved intact. Here you have a chance of seeing the wine production and also taste some of the famous brands.
The Santorini Arts Factory (SAF) first opened in 2012. It is a cultural venue for theatrical performances, exhibitions & installation, dance, musical groups, concerts, educational programmes.
The Tomato Industrial Museum has an exhibition of old tools, elaboration machinery, manuscripts, and first product labels. The museum also guides visitors through the cultivation, processing and production of tomato. There is also processing machinery dating back to 1890.
“La Ponta”, which in Italian meant “the peak”, was part of the castle in the village of Akrotiri. A Museum and Workshop of Traditional Musical Instruments have been in operation since 2012. In this 13th century tower you see the tsabouna exhibition – a Greek folk instrument of the bagpipe family, as well as workshop with traditional Greek percussion and flutes.
It is a tour designed to give you an insight on where exhibitions take place and what is presented, so as to bring visitors close to the culture and tradition of the island and its people.
- Duration: Approx. 5 hours
- Available in: English / German / French / Italian / Spanish / Greek
- You will be picked up at a pre-designated place.
- You need comfortable shoes, a hat and sunscreen protection.
- 380 € (euros) per group from 1 – 4 people
- – For more participants in one tour, please contact us.
- – We will not “group you with others”! You will neither share the car / minibus, nor your professional guide with a tourist group. Our tours are private and exclusively operated for you and your partner, your family or, your friends.
Have a question ?
Please submit your inquiry to get more info.